Sunday, March 15, 2009

Working With Physics

The last day of school is a glorious one! We still have finals left to take care of, but summer is so so so close. A task we must take care of on the last day of school is cleaning out our lockers. I'm sure it will not be that much of problem this year because most of us do not even know where are lockers are, let alone use them. In tenth grade I did use my locker. Here is a picture of me after I cleared out my locker and went down the stairs. As you can clearly see I had A LOT of books. In this picture I, however, am not doing work by just holding all those books, even though it was tiring. There is no movement. Work is force multiplied by distance. When a load is lifted against earth's gravity, work is done. The heavier the load is the more work is done. The higher the load is lifted, the more work is done. I was doing work when I was carrying the books down the stairs. The force and distance were in the same direction. I walked down the stairs while I was carrying my books, but even if I ran the same amount of work would have been done.

No comments: