Sunday, February 1, 2009
Driving in Cars with Physics
There are so many elements of physics that we can experience in a car. It really is ridiculous and awesome at the same time. In a car we can experience speed, velocity, and acceleration. Acceleration is the rate that velocity, the speed of an object and its direction of motion, changes with time. When I accelerate in my car I tend to lurch backwards. When I decelerate and there is a large decrease per second in the velocity of my car, I lurch forward. That always happens when I need to come to a quick stop. Everyday when I get on the H1 to go to and from school I have to drive on a curved road. Here my car accelerates even if I am driving at a constant speed. My acceleration changes because my car is changing direction. If speed or direction changes then acceleration is affected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
and when you lurch forward, that's inertia!
are you one of those drivers who makes their passengers get sick?
Post a Comment