In my closet I keep my blue, electric guitar and the other day I decided to whip it out of my closet. Electric guitars are really awesome. There is just something about them and the sounds that you can produce with one. Before a couple of days ago I had never thought about how my electric guitar produces its sounds and works with the amp. I learned the other day that most electric guitars are solid inside, unlike acoustic guitars. I really had no idea that physics had so much to do with electric guitars. When you pluck one of the guitar strings, made of metal, they begin to vibrate. A part of the guitar, called a pickup, senses the vibrations. These pickups are magnetic pickups and they use magnets to change the vibrations of the string into electrical signals that reach the amp. You can alter these electric signals when you use effects like distortion.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Playing with Physics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
gotta love electric guitars, especially when i'm in a crazy mood. that's when full distortion is handy
Post a Comment