Monday, November 24, 2008

Polarizing Time with Physics

Sunglasses are pretty awesome. They really help on those sunny days where the sun is shining bright. I learned recently though that it is really worth investing in a pair of polarized sunglasses. When I drive home it usually is pretty sunny and there is a lot of glare, so I throw on my sunglasses, which are fortunately polarized. Most sunglasses are vertically polarized in order to block light and glare coming off horizontal surfaces, such as the road or a body of water. If you are ever at the mall looking to buy a pair of sunglasses and you are wondering if they are polarized or not you can check for yourself. You can look at the glare on the ground or something and see if it goes away with the sunglasses on or not. You could also use two pairs and turn them to see if they are or not.

4 comments:

Ayesha said...

It's pretty sunny when I drive home as well. Perhaps I should invest in a pair of polarized sunglasses. Any sort of reduction of risk in an automobile is worth your while, right?

Brandon said...

I have polarized sunglasses as well, but unfortunately they have elvis sideburns glued to the side of them.

Allie said...

Sweet Shanthaaaaaaaa. Why hello. I love your sunglasses that go so well with your heart shaped head. But yes, polarized sunglasses seem like a great investment. I will definitely do that when I start driving. Which at this point, will probably be never. Haha.

Anonymous said...

nice glasses shantha. i had a pair like those but now theyre lost somewhere